From Roissy-CDG airport: 30-35 minutes by road, 55 minutes by public transport
From Orly Airport: 20-25 minutes by road, 50 minutes by public transport
Vincennes is 15 minutes by metro (Subway) from Gare de Lyon train station, 45 minutes from Gare Montparnasse (train station), 30 minutes from Gare Saint-Lazare (train station) and 30 minutes from Gare du Nord (train station)
Vincennes is reachable by the D120 (“Porte de Vincennes” from Paris) and the D158 (by the woods “Bois de Vincennes”).
There is a fee for parking in Vincennes from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 12:30 pm and from 2 pm to 5:30 pm. It is free on public holidays.
Six underground car parks are available in the city center:
– Coeur de Ville car park – Hôtel de Ville (Town Hall) car park – Pompidou car park – Market car park
– Marigny-Château car park – Mowat car park
You will also find free parking spaces along the woods, mainly located along the route de la Pyramide, avenue du Polygone, avenue de Saint-Maurice, the road along the Lake Daumesnil and around the racecourse .
– Taxi stand, avenue de Nogent (opposite the bus station) Tel. : +33 (0)1 48 08 00 00.
By public tranport
A stone’s throw from Paris, Vincennes is connected to Paris and the surrounding cities by a large network of public transports. You can plan your itinerary on the site www.ratp.fr
- Metro : line 1, stations « Château de Vincennes », « Bérault » and « Saint-Mandé »
- Bus : lines 46, 56, 112, 114, 115, 118, 124, 210, 215, 318, 325, Noctambus 11 et 33
- RER : line A, station « Vincennes » (Pierre-Sémard square)
Make the most of the 12 Vélib’Métropole (Public bike rental) stations in Vincennes.
Vélib ‘stations, bike lanes and tracks, free pumping stations, parking spaces for bikes can be viewed on the interactive map of the city.
Parking motorhomes alongside the woods “Bois de Vincennes” is prohibited at night. For long-term parking, the best solution is to park at the campsite in Champigny-sur-Marne.
A parking fee is required along the Cours des Maréchaux (next to the Castle). Drivers must have a bus pass (more info on www.passautocar.paris.fr)
For more information, please refer to the interactive city map or ask for the city or the map of the woods at the Tourist Office.